When I was invited I first thought the name of the club reflected an alumni association. But no. Wellesley-Stanford is the name of the neighborhood, although an alum or two may live there.
Common Good Books in St. Paul provided the members copies of WHERE'S BILLIE? at a discount.
The questions were wide-ranging.
- When you were a reporter for the St. Paul Pioneer Press did you ever do some of the things Skeeter (the reporter protagonist) did?
- Where do you get your ideas?
- The book talks about Land o'Lakes, Minnesota. Is there a real city where the book is set?
- How long did it take you to write the book?
- Do you outline before you write, or just sit down and write?
See anyone you know in these shots? Unfortunately, we couldn't get everyone in the photos. Maybe next year.